10.25.2007

"LOVE" acrylic and collage 9" x 12"


I've been working on a series of paintings for the last week. This is one of my favorites. It was created with a foundation layer of gesso and torn paper to create the texture that you see. I concentrated on using a different color palette from my usual dark blue night skies. This time I used Golden acrylics as opposed to my usual Liquitex acrylics. The colors and their combinations are very different from any I've used before. To achieve a unified look for the painting I used only a few colors and mixed them together to create compatible colors. This way even though the colors are bold and bright, they are not gaudy and they don't clash with one another because they're made of the same "stuff".

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if you used different paint. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture makes me want to go out right now and hug a kitty. Are your boys available? Love the colors and design.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments!